As a 100%-volunteer based organization, the Financial Literacy Community Project acknowledges that our volunteers are invaluable to our work. We enthusiastically welcome you to join us in any capacity you can. There are many ways to get involved. If you are currently a college student at the University of Pennsylvania, we would love to have you join our daily operations as a volunteer for one of the following functions:
- Marketing: Promote FLCP by creating multimedia (promotional videos, podcasts, photos, media kits, and brochures), updating our social media (Facebook and Twitter), blogging, reaching out to the national media, and designing innovative marketing campaigns (whether for recruitment, development, or general outreach).
- Development: Get involved with the financial side of non-profit organization management by helping FLCP fundraise, enter competitions, and secure grants from foundations and corporate sponsors.
- Education: Improve the quality of financial literacy educational resources by joining our education team. Create new curricula, edit existing curricula, and contribute to our open-source learning platform with education multimedia (videos, podcasts, songs, and written articles).
- Community Outreach: Engage with existing community partners and reach out to potential new community partners. Help FLCP expand. Learn about what it takes to grow an organization to scale.
- Recruitment: Recruit and select the best candidates to join FLCP’s teaching team. Revamp the recruitment process and conduct all operations regarding recruitment. Have a real say in the future of FLCP.
- Technology: Design and maintain the website and our open-source learning platform.
Because we are a start-up organization, there is always plenty of room for advancement for candidates who are self-starters and are interested in taking a leadership role within FLCP.
If you are interested in any of the above functions, please send Whitney Sun a resume and a short letter detailing your interest and time availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a high school student or an interested volunteer that is not based in Philadelphia, please check out our internship page to apply for our internship program.